Memory No. 6: PA Boy

:: Posted by - blogbyyongming :: Category -

Being a prefect is definitely a drag and I never like it one bit eversince I passed probation (apparently probation is the fun part I find during prefect duties). It was such hardwork, time consuming and definitely boring in more ways than one.

However, my blog entry is not to stress on why I don’t like being a prefect. My memory no. 6 is being the PUBLIC ADDRESS (PA) COMMITTEE for the prefects of year 2008/2009. I owed it all to my year of bods for they are the one who gave us (me and Amanda) the post (specifically, Joanna). We are sort of the first official prefects to hold that post. So it was quite an honor. We are still not in the bods (like how me and Amanda wanted to), but we were still part of it in some ways.

But being elected is not only the fun part. As much as I hated doing PA, I kinda missed it after I retired. Is like a part of me is missing, Amanda felt the same too. PA is not as easy as what most prefects thinks. The setting it up was easy (if you have a screwdriver) but it was the managing. Why is it such a drag?

1) We always need to be prepare for any disturbance like when the sounds or music goes haywire.

2) Carrying the box of the machines are very heavy although it seems lighter as I carried it more often

3) I have to attend every events when they need the sound machine. I cut a lot of my studies period and have to attend all school activities. On year 2008, the teachers even wanted us to set up the PA every morning (before 8am) for the SPM examination (which I’m not even a part of and it was the big school holiday, like summer holiday)

4) Being blamed for any faulties during assembly. Is not like is our fault the machines and wires are old. Unless someone buys a new one, there is nothing else we can do. (I remembered Joanna even raised her voice on the machine. I can still remember her words, “I’m so sick of this assembly d lash. Just slap that stupid PA lah!)

5) Training trainees are not easy. We still have to be on our toes even after our retirement.

But then again, I missed PA session. How can I not? Like I said is a part of me and being the first prefect to be officially in charge of it, is a big honor.

P.S: before I forget, eng khim also helped us out a lot even though he was not one of the committee.

amanda and me. the PA committee.

Picture by me.

Memory No. 5: Another memory related to the prefects. another reason i liked about being a prefect.

Response to "Memory No. 6: PA Boy"