Deeparaya Celebrations

:: Posted by - blogbyyongming :: Category -

USJ16 Deeparaya & Official Guard House Opening Celebration

my housing area USJ16, had laucnhed a party in the USJ16 headquarters (which is also a gazebo) and invited a politician that in charge of USJ16, some other area and Puchong. anyway, the party is organized for the official opening our guard house and at the same time, we celebrate deeparaya as well, although most people who attend were chinese.
here is a short history of my area's guard house. non of u guys came to my hse before recently so u had never seen our guard house. it was rated best resident guard house in subang. it is made of an expensive wood called chengmai or somesort, and it was shaped of a small hut, rather than just a table with umbrella and a plastic chair like most malaysian's guard house. and every special occasion (chinese new year, christmas, hari raya and deeparaya), the BOD of usj16 will decorate the guard house. the best so far was during last year hari raya, where they stabbed torches on to the ground besides the road. at night it will be light. so when before we came to our area, we was surrounded by lighted torches which is very nice.
this year, it was kinda plain, just a few big ketupats hanged on the guard house. anyway, the guard house was so nice that it almost didnt last due to some goverment saying that they are not allowed to build such a nice guard house because it is under their area. i dun noe bout u guys but i think that is stupid. is not like they paid for it (the residents of USJ16 paid for it) nor the only diffrence is that is nicer than other guard house. well, the politician that went for the party i told u earlier, fight for usj16's right and he won. that is why we celebrated the official opening of the guard house.
sadly, the party was not very pleasuring. not only there is not enough sits, the lights black out suddenly and it took so long for them to fix it me and my family were forced to stand outside due to not enough sits and we r definately not the only one. also, the line to satay and roasted lamb is extremly long. i dun even need to search for it to spot the line. and when i mean long, it was not like some lines in the canteen or cafeteria. it was 10 times longer and possibly longer.
the ice kacang line is also another one. my mom and sis when to line up while me and my dad jus chit chat and eat. we ate finish and out of topic yet my mom and sis were still in the line. barely even moved. and they came back with only two tiny bowls of ice kacang. the bowls was smaller then the roti canai bowl in my school canteen. plus, the water tank was out of water yet no one even bother to refill it. i hav to tilt the tank to allowed water flowing into my cup. luckily there is a young girl there to help me hold my cup while i tilt over at the same time i tilt for her too.
it was officially worst buffet ever. the food however was not bad. the satay was ordinary but the main course is slightly above average ice kacang is okey to me but my mum said is too sweet (and all her hardwork standing there like a chicken waiting for raining worms), my parents said that the roasted lamb was nice and chapati (fyi, i dun eat chapati) was nice too according to my dad. i didnt tried anything else cos the foods look ordinary and the line was long.
n i tot that my ex-school, standard six farewell hi-tea was bad.

Response to "Deeparaya Celebrations"