Merentas Desa

:: Posted by - blogbyyongming :: Category -

Merentas Desa



until now i have no idea why they call the race merentas desa. direct translation into english would means across the village. what does that means?

anyways, the merentas desa i have nothing to talk about cos we only spent time running around in an 'amazing race' with 100s of contestants. this is my second time joining. the first was two years ago and i scored 19 place. quite high right? lol. but it was luck. those who never join it before would not know that merentas desa race is divided into 6 groups:

L1: boys form 5
L2: boys form 3 and 4
L3: boys form 1 and 2
and the same goes to the girls
position is counted base on groups

that time i was in group L1. most good runners didnt join at that time and forms 1 have tiny legs plus again, most of them didnt went for it. therefore, chances of getting high place is higher. and thats is how i got 19th place in group L1 over 100 something. sadly, only the top 15 get a throphy.

this year i am in L2 and this time, more good runner appear and the form 3 arent missing out either. the race begins very long after the stupid warm up. hyper, fun but stupid warm up. we were the last group to leave with group L1.

i trained myself jogging before last year and abit this year so i think my stamina in jogging is higher than last time. i jog around half my area twice eveytime i went for jogging. if i am not mistaken, jogging around half my area twice is almost the same as jogging one full round of ss18 with only 4 rest stops. but i didnt stop 4 times only. i ran longer therefore stoped more.

it seems further although it is almost the ecact length as i usually jog. but since i am not that physically fit, i guess i shouldnt be surprise. i met with a few people during the race. i met matthew first. he was way ahead of me at first after yew han (a quartermaster) told me in the middle of the race. i manage to catch up to him while he take his breath.

later i met with this unknown stranger. thinking to motivate myself, i just chase after him and i did it when he too catches his breath. i than met with yew vinn. again, when he took his breath i sped of across him. not long i saw my sis (she is suppose to be way ahead of me as her group leave the earliest) walking with her friend. chat wif her for awhile before i took of. i finally met with alvin. unlike the rest, he seldom stops. he stopped once and i manage to chase after him. BUT after quite awhile, when is my turn to stop and rest, he just zoom past me. i therefore, tried to chase after him but it seems like he never stops. i got too tired and i stopped chasing him giving him the lead above me.

the last i race in the merentas desa, i use alan and nicholas as my motivational bait. they were usually infront of me so i just chase after them when they race but they will easily chase back after me. however, before reaching the finish line, i zoom past them as i took the lead infront of them making me 19th place.

sadly, this time i managed to score 31st place. a big gap between me ex-position and the recent one. T.T but then again, the number is okay if u are racing with so many other peoples. although it is a low number buy i am quite proud of myself lor. thanks to my jogging practice. if not, i might be 200 something (if there is that position).

after the race there was a short performance by en awang only. it was okey atfirst but the fact that he is the only entertainer boreds me quickly. i dun really like him anyways. my cousins says that he is a bit of a playboy. not the extreme type but a bit playboyish.

thats all about the race.

Response to "Merentas Desa"